Apprentices - Engineering Apprentices
With innovation and engineering at the heart of our business, Amphenol Ltd (ALTD) has been at the forefront of using the latest technologies and practices for over 50 years to meet the needs of interconnection in a variety of applications. As part of the Amphenol Corporation - a leading global interconnect Fortune 500 specialist company, ALTD is continuing to grow and significantly investing in the future.
Based in Whitstable Kent, ALTD has maintained its status as a market leader in the Aerospace and Military industries and growth targets remain on track as part of our strategic plan. With c230 employees across a wide range of disciplines, our end-to-end manufacturing capabilities provide endless opportunities for our employees to grow their career and professional experiences.
More information on the job vacancy you have selected is available below, however if you have any additional questions please contact the HR Department on 01227 773200 or email HR@amphenol.co.uk:
The successful applicants will embark upon comprehensive high-quality training; paid-for professional and academic qualifications and hands-on experience in world-class projects and products. Combined with support from people passionate about nurturing talent and developing skills, an Amphenol Apprenticeship is the start of a rewarding and challenging career.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Apprenticeship in Engineering
- Carrying out a series of placements in all Production and Engineering related departments throughout the Apprenticeship
- Undertaking discrete projects and tackling business and Engineering problems and delivering timely solutions to both internal and external customers
- Contributing to the development of new and innovative products and technologies
Essential Qualities include:
- Minimum of 7 GCSE’s at Grades 5-9, or equivalent, including Maths, English, Sciences, and ideally Design Technology or Engineering
- Workshop experience from a school, college or business setting
- A flexible approach to working plus a determination to succeed personally and professionally
- Experience of working with technical specifications and drawings and an interest in the technical side of operating machinery
- Good people and problem-solving skills, teamwork ability and an enquiring mind
As an Amphenol Apprentice, you can expect:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- On-the-job training by experienced professionals in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities based in Whitstable, Kent
- Off-the-job training leading to top-quality academic qualifications fully compliant with the latest Government standards
- All training, qualifications and equipment fully funded by Amphenol so your hard-earned qualifications will be debt-free
- Later opportunities to continue your studies and qualifications to degree level and beyond
- After completion, most apprentices stay with us and go on to have long, successful careers with Amphenol. Much of our current workforce started out as Apprentices, including around half of our staff in senior management positions.
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Sick Pay
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Subsidised Restaurant facility
- Free onsite parking
- Pay Type Salary
- Amphenol Ltd - Whitstable, Thanet Way, Whitstable, Kent, United Kingdom