Solution / Enterprise Architects
We are looking for Solution/Enterprise Architects who are passionate about using their IT knowledge and experience to make a real difference to our world, working with some of the biggest public and private sector organisations in the UK. We offer a great salary package and are flexible about where you work (within the UK)
The Solution Architect role
Part of our collaborative and supportive Professional Services team, you will be responsible for designing and delivering a wide range of technical solutions for our customers. Working with the latest geospatial and enterprise technologies, you will also provide leadership and mentoring to other technical staff and contribute to the broader technical strategy within our business.
Working across a range of projects and market sectors, your key responsibilities as a Solution Architect would be to:
- Understand our customers and their business: Talk to our customers, become familiar with their key business processes, understand how Esri technology can help them be more successful
- Technical Design: Use your experience in the implementation of Enterprise IT and platform architectures to design and deliver solutions based on the latest cloud patterns. Ensure solutions are delivered in a secure, scalable, and commercially viable way
- Identify Opportunities: Help our Customer Success Managers to identify new opportunities where geospatial technology, data and workflows can add value to our customers’ businesses
- Innovate: Work with the latest technology to deliver innovative projects and explore key technology trends such as IOT and real-time GIS, big data analytics, geodesign, AI/ML, 3D, and digital twins
- Technical Leadership: Provide mentorship and guidance to other technical staff on designing and implementing a range of solutions spanning applications, data, and enterprise systems
Previous experience of working with ArcGIS is not essential for this role, but you will need to demonstrate a strong track-record of successfully engaging with customers and significant, hands-on experience in the design, configuration, and deployment of Enterprise systems.
This would be a great next step in your career if you:
- Have a broad and deep knowledge of technology – databases, web, applications, integration, software engineering, networks, clouds such as AWS or Azure, disaster recovery and high availability systems
- Have already used GIS technologies and geospatial data on several projects
- Are comfortable with REST APIs and designing solutions that use them
- Understand cybersecurity principles and practices, and have a working knowledge of firewalls, zero-trust, SAML
- Are familiar with automation, Azure DevOps, Notebooks and Serverless
- Can build senior relationships, engage effectively with key stakeholders, excellent communication and business analysis skills, an ability to identify and develop business opportunities and be able to motivate and develop others.
Why join us?
Esri UK is a thriving and inclusive workplace. We take pride in our culture and recognise the value our people bring. We believe in creating a balanced and flexible work/life environment and invest in learning and development at all stages of your career. We believe on promoting from within and offer long term career opportunity in a successful, growing business. In addition, we offer: -
- A good basic salary
- A generous company bonus scheme paying up to 20% per annum
- Pension, Vitality healthcare scheme, gym contribution, cycle to work scheme. We believe as a company that we should give back wherever we can and therefore also offer volunteering opportunities, including MapAction.
- Flexible working – We offer flexibility around location. You can opt for home-based working, or office based in either Edinburgh, Aylesbury of Cambridge. There is also an opportunity to work a mix of both. We work virtual-first with most of our customers, however some travel to customer sites and Esri UK offices will be required.
Friday 29th July
A little more about us….
At Esri UK we help our customers to implement and integrate ArcGIS - the world’s most powerful mapping and spatial analytics platform. You may be helping our government to deliver better services, helping our police, fire and ambulance services keep us safe, allowing our utilities to manage resources more efficiently or ensuring our towns and cities, our countryside and our environment are sustainable for the future.
We help our customers solve the world’s most complex challenges and our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. We support governments, universities, businesses, and charities worldwide to save money, improve society, and protect our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri UK are an equal opportunity employer - we recognise the importance and value of having a diverse and inclusive workforce and the benefits that this can bring to both our employees and our customers
- Pay Type Salary