Esri Ireland - GIS Contractor
Our business is built on the belief that knowing where things happen matters. We are a software and services organisation specialising in the application of Geographical Information Systems (GIS). We are also a #BestWorkplace in Ireland and Europe 2020
Esri Ireland are looking to recruit an on-site GIS Contractor to support a Dublin based organisation on a 2 year contract, which may extend to 4 years.
Successful candidates will be trained to carry out specific tasks in line with the operational procedures of the customer. This would be a great role for you if you have a strong understanding of the GIS technology platform including ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Desktop/Pro, have a comprehensive knowledge of GIS principles and knowledge of latest and emerging GIS techniques
Some of your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support a customer’s use of GIS
- Assist in developing and the continuous improvement of data and reports procedures and processes with the Team.
- Configuration of GIS software to deliver functionality as required.
- Support work on the County Development Plan noted, for which the service may involve after hours work supporting development plan meetings and GIS requirements associated with it.
- ArcGIS Online Publishing
- Data cleansing
- Data migration
- Development of Spatial Data Infrastructure
- Development of GIS strategy
- Mentoring and skillset transfer
This would be a great job if you:
- 5 years post graduate experience in GIS and related disciple
- Are qualified to third level qualification in a relevant subject (Engineering, Information Technology, Analytics, Degree or Masters in GIS or similar)
- Understanding of the GIS technology platform including ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Desktop/Pro
- Comprehensive knowledge of GIS principles
- Knowledge of latest and emerging GIS techniques
- Best practice in geospatial data management, analysis and visualization
- Advanced Excel knowledge
You will be based full time in Dublin City centre (there may be scope for some remote working)
Please apply online, including your CV and cover letter outlining why you would be suitable for the role based on your experience to date. Please include details of your current and expected day rate and give details of your availability both for interview and for employment if your application is successful.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 6th July 2022
Esri Ireland Ltd. is an Equal Opportunities employer. It is committed to ensuring, within the framework of the law, that our workplaces are free from unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, maternity leave, civil partnership or disability.
No agencies please
- Pay Type Hourly