Helyx - Business Development Manager
Helyx is a professional services company, specialising in the provision of information management and exploitation solutions and services. We are a small and enthusiastic team of knowledgeable professionals, working in a busy yet informal environment, where initiative and innovation are encouraged.
Due to continued and successful business growth, we are now looking for a dedicated Business Development Manager to support our future growth plans.
As the Helyx Business Development Manager you will be involved in the full BD lifecycle (from early identification of opportunities through to winning bids). Your responsibilities will include: -
- Working with colleagues to develop and implement a clear win strategy for each bid and ensure win themes are clear and compelling.
- Ownership of the end-to-end bid process, ensuring we are aligned to the client’s requirements and that our bids are submitted on time, are compliant and commercially sound.
- Support the Head of Business Development, by preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services offered are included in the final price to the customer and contributing to the written proposal.
- Ensuring timescales are achieved at each step of the bid process, including all internal governance, while taking the initiative in setting realistic deadlines.
- Co-ordinating and planning all client presentations required as part of the bid submission.
- Remain involved post bid submission in the presentation and negotiation stages, ensuring all lessons learned are fed back and implemented.
- Implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance, and processes.
- Managing virtual bid teams and inputs from key stakeholders, typically engaging with our domain teams, capability teams, Finance, as well as sales, marketing, commercial, legal and project management and delivery.
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process.
- Managing the bid budget, resources and monitoring and reporting on overall performance against agreed key performance indicators.
- Driving continuous improvement, through post-bid reviews, both internally and with customers.
This highly networked role will suit you if you have previous Business Development Manager, Bid Manager, Capture Manager, or Pursuit Leader experience, combined with
- Relevant experience working with the UK defence, national security, or government sectors
- A background in solution/services selling, and the full BD life cycle from opportunity identification through to project delivery
- Previous success in winning both low-value short-cycle opportunities, typically in support of a range of scientific and technological research and development framework projects, through to high-value multi-million pound longer-term services opportunities
- The ability to manage complex, multi-workstream opportunities and work under pressure to challenging deadlines
- Fully conversant with the competitive marketplace and a sound commercial understanding and profit and loss experience coupled with risk management skills
- Strong people management, team leadership and excellent communication skills (comfortable working at Director level, both internally and externally)
- A strong academic background or successful completion of a relevant Bid and Proposal apprenticeship. APMP Foundation (Practitioner or Professional level desirable). APMP Capture Practitioner desirable, with experience in strategic selling.
- Ideally you will have Developed Vetting (DV) or be willing and able to achieve it.
- A keenness to learn and develop your career and to join us at this exciting time.
Location - Helyx is based in Tewkesbury, a lovely area of the West Country. However, the role is predominantly home-based and we welcome applications from across the UK.
In addition, we offer:
- Excellent salary
- Generous bonus scheme
- Healthcare scheme and life cover
- Flexible working
To Apply - Please apply online via our website, including a covering letter. Application closing date is 21st Aug 2022
Helyx is an equal opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
- Pay Type Salary