Support Worker – Female Only**
£10.42 per hour + £500 Welcome Bonus*
24 hours per week (including weekend work on rotation)
Would you like to support a woman to realise and achieve the opportunities open to her?
Laura has an acquired brain injury, and is continuing to grow in confidence and independence in her home and the community, following an accident and time spent rehabilitating in hospital.
Our role is to support and encourage her to achieve her goals in a person-centred way and at a pace that makes sense to her.
This includes supporting her mental and physical health and wellbeing, which will involve multi-agency work and signposting to other organisations for additional input.
Laura says: “I am a really sociable person, who is a very hard worker. I am a DJ, I love music and dancing and have a performing arts degree. I have travelled the world.
I'd like someone who can get to know the place and myself quickly. I'd like you to be very relaxed and kind. Someone who shares my love for music and dancing.
If you work with me and you like it, you need to be dedicated to it and enthusiastic, funny and hard working”
If that sounds like you and you are also willing and able to:
- Lone work with a team mentality
- Work flexibly across the week, including weekend work
- Support someone with all aspects of their life, including medication and some personal care
- Use care and empathy to develop a positive relationship with someone who can express themselves with behavior that could be considered challenging
- Use I.T skills and online tools such, as email and the staff intranet, to connect with the local community and the wider organisation
Then we want to hear from you!
In return we offer excellent, high quality learning opportunities, including the opportunity to undertake a level 3 or 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care. Alongside this, other benefits include:
- 30 days Annual Leave Entitlement
- Access to an Employee Discount Platform from Day 1, with discounts and cash back for hundreds of retailers.
- Refer a Friend Scheme earning you up to £750
- Company Pension
- Job Satisfaction
- Generous Occupational Maternity/Paternity pay
- Learning and development opportunities for you to build your career
- Health Cash Plan on completion of probation giving you access to a minimum of £695 cash back for health treatments e.g. Dental, Therapies, Optical, Maternity/Paternity, NHS Prescriptions etc.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Francesca Capogrosso, Service Coordinator, on 07795 454 753 or Sean Dominic, Service Manager on 0117 970 9391.
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
**Female applicants only – This post fulfils the requirements of a Genuine Occupational Qualification and is therefore exempt under the Equality and Diversity Act 2010.
- Pay Type Salary
- Horfield, Bristol BS7 8UR, UK