£10.42 per hour + £500 welcome bonus*
37.5 hours per week
Would you love to work in a varied and rewarding role, where every day is different? Where you can help families and carers enjoy a well-earned break, by caring for their loved one while they take some time for themselves?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Stibbs House offers respite care which provides stimulating and supportive breaks for people with learning disabilities, enabling carers to have a break from their role. The service provides support away from home, maintaining the continuity of guests’ everyday lives and allowing them to continue with their daily routines.
A person-centred approach is key at Stibbs House. Guests are involved in running the service, including how the home looks, what they choose to eat, the activities they take part in and even in the recruitment of new staff.
As Support Worker, you will support our guests with eating, maintaining healthy living, outdoor activities and with the day to day running of the service. You will support them to access the community and develop and maintain relationships with friends and family, as well as in the home with domestic tasks, such as cooking, cleaning and laundry.
The successful Support Worker will possess strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members and service users, be flexible to work all shifts, including weekend work and waking nights, and be able to lone work, while supporting service users to meet their goals and aspirations in the community setting.
Due to the location of the home and the need to access activities within the local community, to be a driver would be desirable. Experience within the sector is not essential as we will provide you with training required to carry out your duties
In return we offer excellent, high quality learning opportunities, including the opportunity to undertake a level 3 or 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care. Alongside this, other benefits include:
- 30 days Annual Leave Entitlement
- Access to an Employee Discount Platform from Day 1, with discounts and cash back for hundreds of retailers.
- Refer a Friend Scheme earning you up to £750
- Company Pension
- Job Satisfaction
- Generous Occupational Maternity/Paternity pay
- Learning and development opportunities for you to build your career
- Health Cash Plan on completion of probation giving you access to a minimum of £695 cash back for health treatments e.g. Dental, Therapies, Optical, Maternity/Paternity, NHS Prescriptions etc.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Katharine Ford, Home Manager, on 0117 9619137.
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
- Pay Type Salary
- Stibbs House, Stibbs House, 74 Stibbs Hill, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom