No more night shifts!
£10.42 per hour + £500 welcome bonus*
Full time and part time hours available
Are you a support worker looking for a better work/life balance? Perhaps you want to start a career in care but are worried it won’t work around childcare?
We have a great opportunity for a fun, active person to utilise their skills to enhance the lives of the people we support, maximise their independence and developand maintain social and life skills.
Stepping Forward Bristol is a busy and exciting Day opportunities service for Adults with learning difficulties, based at The Park Centre in Knowle. The service promotes independence, inclusion and community connections as well as running activities that promote creativity and daily living skills.
The people we support range in age from 30 to 70 and staff support on a 1:1 and 1:3 ratio, following a person centred approach to enable people to achieve their goals.
We pick up and drop off the people we support from their own homes in our personal cars., and access the community by public transport. Some personal care will be part of the role
The successful applicant will have a friendly, person-centred approach, have a fun, outgoing personality and be willing to get involved in various activities. You will be flexible and reliable, be able to lone work but also be a team player. Good time keeping is also paramount.
It is essential that you hold a full, valid UK driving licence and can use your own vehicle to help the people we support to access the community. Mileage is paid at 45p per mile. Please bear in mind that you will need to be covered by the relevant car insurance in order to use your vehicle for the role.
Here at Milestones Trust we recognise that without the hard work, commitment and passion of our staff, we wouldn’t be the charity we are today. That’s why we are committed to rewarding you with a competitive pay and benefits package including:
- 30 days Annual Leave Entitlement
- Access to an Employee Discount Platform from Day 1, with discounts and cash back for hundreds of retailers.
- Refer a Friend Scheme earning you up to £750
- Company Pension
- Job Satisfaction
- Generous Occupational Maternity/Paternity pay
- Learning and development opportunities for you to build your career
- Health Cash Plan on completion of probation giving you access to a minimum of £695 cash back for health treatments e.g. Dental, Therapies, Optical, Maternity/Paternity, NHS Prescriptions etc.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Deb Allaway On 07887878458.
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
- Pay Type Salary
- Stepping Forward Bristol (South), Stepping Forward Bristol (South), The Park Centre, Bristol, Bristol, City of, United Kingdom