Community Support Workers
Bristol, Bath and South Gloucestershire
Various contracts available
£10.42 per hour + £500 welcome bonus
If you are seeking a rewarding role, where the work is varied and different every day, and where your personality and skill set are matched to the people you are supporting, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Milestones Trust is looking for Support Workers to support individuals in their own homes and out in the community on a 1:1 basis. These peoples’ support packages can be from as little as one hour a week up to around-the-clock care, but where possible we will combine visits to build up hours around the needs of the people we support and their teams.
People may need support to go shopping or pay a bill or attend a course or meeting. Some people may need help around the house or signposting and support to contact other organisations e.g. healthcare professionals or landlords so they can manage all aspects of their lives. In some cases, it will involve support in all areas of a person’s life, managing medication and providing personal care. People may also want support to pursue their hobbies and interests, for example going to watch their football team or meeting friends in the pub.
Lone-working and being led by the person you are supporting, you will need to prioritise and problem solve, keeping calm when things aren’t going as planned and constantly adapting to support people to meet their short- and long-term goals.
Communication is key, because although you are lone-working, you will have the support of a team who will pick-up where you’ve left off with specific tasks, as well as management support at the end of the phone at all times to discuss incidents and issues for advice and guidance. Being a driver is desirable but not essential.
So, if you’d like a new challenge and are:
- Caring and supportive, approachable and professional
- Able to remain calm under pressure with a good sense of humour
- Up for being active and engaging in people’s hobbies and interests
- Able to work flexibly in a way that recognises support may be needed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Then we want to hear from you!
In return we offer excellent, high quality learning opportunities, including the opportunity to undertake a level 3 or 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care. Alongside this, other benefits include:
• 30 days Annual Leave Entitlement
• Access to an Employee Discount Platform from Day 1, with discounts and cash back for hundreds of retailers.
• Refer a Friend Scheme earning you up to £750
• Company Pension
• Job Satisfaction
• Generous Occupational Maternity/Paternity pay
• Learning and development opportunities for you to build your career
• Health Cash Plan on completion of probation giving you access to a minimum of £695 cash back for health treatments e.g. Dental, Therapies, Optical, Maternity/Paternity, NHS Prescriptions etc.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within the Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Helen Sharp on 07825 156674
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.
- Job Family Support Worker
- Pay Type Salary
- Bristol, UK