Payroll - Payroll Assistant - PA3
Dealing with all queries relating to payroll from employees and the wider business including payment queries, payroll reporting, taxation and requests for manual calculations along with general administrative duties ensuring that all transactional processes are executed accurately and efficiently. Delivering 1st class service to both internal and external customers.
- Contribute to the effective working of the payroll team to ensure 1st class, seamless service delivery.
- Responsible for the administration of the end-to-end payroll processing ensuring that colleagues are paid accurately and on time.
- Production of payroll sign off documents which demonstrate all colleagues have been paid correctly.
- Responsible for timely and accurate data input required for the administration of the weekly and / or monthly payroll processing.
- Preparation and processing of payroll journals including supporting with query resolution when reconciling the balance sheet.
- Management of the shared inboxes and ticketing system ensuring responses are submitted in a timely manner in line with the department SLA’s.
- Manual calculation of approved adhoc payroll payments which are required to be submitted outside of the usual payroll routine.
- Regularly communicate with our customers to support partnership working.
- Work closely with our colleagues to ensure we have accurate payroll data.
- Contribute to the effective working of the Finance Department to ensure seamless service delivery.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and engage with wider Finance Department initiatives.
- On occasion you may be asked to perform additional duties or duties unrelated to your role after appropriate training has been given.
- You have a duty to safeguard your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, customers and visitors. You also have a duty to co-operate with management to enable it to comply with its health and safety duties.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly numerate and analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Passionate about customer service
- Experience of high volume, fast paced payroll environment
- Able to take responsibility of your own work as well as supporting your colleagues in maintaining high standards
- Competent in producing manual payroll calculations
- Understanding of the payroll regulatory environment
- Experience of continuous improvement
- Ability to work towards KPIs and SLAs
- Flexible and the ability to work in pressurised situations and deliver to agreed timescales
- Positive attitude
- Highly organised, self-motivated who is proactive in their approach
- Pay Type Salary
- Central Support Office - Newcastle, Central Support, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom