Plants - Assistant Plant Area Manager - Full time including alternate weekends - Woking
We are committed to growing our business and to promoting the highest standards in horticulture, catering, and retail.
We want our staff to enjoy working with us in a friendly, energetic customer focused environment.
We are pleased to announce this new position.
Your primary responsibility will be to provide a management support to Horticultural team, with customer service at the forefront of everything you achieve.
Working closely with the Plant Manager to help the Garden Centre to succeed.
Rota: Full time with alternate weekends
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain good control over stock levels, including accurate ordering and stock clearance where necessary
- Train and monitor your team to ensure that stock is cared for appropriately
- Co-operate fully with line management and product managers
- Take responsibility for the whole department in the absence of the manager
- Ensure all queries and complaints are handled with courtesy are referred where necessary to the manager and product manager
- Customer Service expectations are exceeded
- Sales opportunities are generated through interaction with customers
To be successful in this role, we are looking for people:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working in a retail bedding department and/or a horticultural qualification.
- A passion for customer service and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment are essential.
- You will be flexible, enthusiastic and highly motivated, commercially aware and have the ability to create dynamic displays.
Rewards & Benefits:
We want our employees to be known for their friendliness, helpfulness, and good customer service, with their whole ethos being ‘nothing is too much trouble for our customers’. In turn we will provide an extensive benefit package, please see below.
- Employee Discount – 50% in Restaurants and 10% in Garden Centre on joining, increasing to 20% after 3 months service, 25% after 2 years’ service and 30% after 5 years’ service.
- Holiday (including bank holidays) – 5.6 weeks on joining increasing to 6.2 week after 2 years’ service and 6.6 weeks after 5 years’ service.
- Bonus - We reward our employees with a non-contractual bonus at Christmas, based on the profit of the company in any financial year. (first year is dependent on start date) Pension – We are all aware of how important it is to save for our retirement. We offer a Defined Contribution Pension Plan to new employees. If you pay into the plan and meet the government criteria, the company will too, and these contributions will be invested. Attendance: Our employees with 100% attendance in a financial year, are rewarded with Squire’s gift vouchers.
- Made A Difference Scheme (M.A.D) - A reward scheme for team members who make a difference to our business through; outstanding customer service, over and above normal duties or initiatives that have grown / inspired the business. There is a monthly winner and a ‘team member of the year’. All winners select a gift to receive.
- Learning & Development - You can look forward to a wealth of learning opportunities with us that will enhance and develop you with the skills and confidence you need.
- Free parking – available to all employees in the designated parking areas on our site.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate £24,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate £26,000.00
- Woking, Littlewick Road, Woking, Surrey, United Kingdom