We are committed to growing our business and to promoting the highest standards in horticulture, catering, and retail.
We want our staff to enjoy working with us in a friendly, energetic customer focused environment.
We are pleased to announce this new position.
Your primary responsibility will be to provide a professional support to the Catering Team.
Working closely with the Catering Manager to help the department to succeed.
Rota: Full Time Including Alternate Weekends
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Understand the business plan and actively participate in delivering relevant goals
- Handling customer queries courteously and efficiently
- Maintain a harmonious and cooperative relationship with customers and staff alike at all time
- Carry out all reasonable duties as requested by management as and when required.
- Working within the kitchen team to prepare salads, vegetables and sandwiches
- Cooking and baking hot food, sweets, pastries etc. when required
- Producing all food recipes to specification and recording any wastage/shrinkage in accordance with company guidelines
- Ensuring that all food is stored to the company’s standards.
- Strictly adhering to all relevant food safety and hygiene regulations at all times.
- Undertaking any general cleaning requirements of the kitchen and restaurant
- Working as part of the kitchen and catering team and undertaking any other reasonable duties as and when required
To be successful in this role, we are looking for people:
- Love and enthusiasm for food preparation and cooking
- Can do attitude and looking for a career in catering
Rewards & Benefits:
We want our employees to be known for their friendliness, helpfulness, and good customer service, with their whole ethos being ‘nothing is too much trouble for our customers’. In turn we will provide an extensive benefit package, please see below.
- Employee Discount – 50% in Restaurants and 10% in Garden Centre on joining, increasing to 20% after 3 months service, 25% after 2 years’ service and 30% after 5 years’ service.
- Holiday (including bank holidays) – 5.6 weeks on joining increasing to 6.2 week after 2 years’ service and 6.6 weeks after 5 years’ service.
- Bonus - We reward our employees with a non-contractual bonus at Christmas, based on the profit of the company in any financial year. (first year is dependent on start date) Pension – We are all aware of how important it is to save for our retirement. We offer a Defined Contribution Pension Plan to new employees. If you pay into the plan and meet the government criteria, the company will too, and these contributions will be invested. Attendance: Our employees with 100% attendance in a financial year, are rewarded with Squire’s gift vouchers.
- Made A Difference Scheme (M.A.D) - A reward scheme for team members who make a difference to our business through; outstanding customer service, over and above normal duties or initiatives that have grown / inspired the business. There is a monthly winner and a ‘team member of the year’. All winners select a gift to receive.
- Learning & Development - You can look forward to a wealth of learning opportunities with us that will enhance and develop you with the skills and confidence you need.
- Free parking – available to all employees in the designated parking areas on our site.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate £22,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate £22,000.00
- Wokingham, Heathlands Road, Wokingham, Wokingham, United Kingdom