Restaurant Management - Assistant Manager
We are committed to growing our business and to promoting the highest standards in horticulture, catering, and retail.
We want our staff to enjoy working with us in a friendly, energetic customer focused environment.
We are pleased to announce this new position.
Your primary responsibility will be to provide a management support to one of our award-winning restaurants, working closely with the Restaurant Manager to help the business to succeed.
Rota: Full time, including alternate weekends
Main duties and responsibilities:
- New ideas for building sales and profit are generated and effectively communicated to teams.
- Ensure excellence of customer service is achieved throughout the restaurant.
- Work closely and effectively with catering managers to ensure purchasing is within the company product range.
- Constructive participation in all management meetings
- Excellent standards of food and housekeeping are maintained in accordance with company guidelines.
- Liase closely with Product Managers as part of the annual range review process
- Understand the business plan and actively participate in delivering its goals
- Appropriately plan and utilise department resources to achieve targets
- Assist the Restaurant Manager and deputise fully in their absence
- Train and motivate team to maximise sales opportunities
To be successful in this role, we are looking for people:
- Proven experience of working in similar role within a restaurant environment is essential
- Organised, self-disciplined with a positive, collaborative attitude.
- Ability to cook is desired.
Rewards & Benefits:
We want our employees to be known for their friendliness, helpfulness, and good customer service, with their whole ethos being ‘nothing is too much trouble for our customers’. In turn we will provide an extensive benefit package, please see below.
- Employee Discount – 50% in Restaurants and 10% in Garden Centre on joining, increasing to 20% after 3 months service, 25% after 2 years’ service and 30% after 5 years’ service.
- Holiday (including bank holidays) – 5.6 weeks on joining increasing to 6.2 week after 2 years’ service and 6.6 weeks after 5 years’ service.
- Bonus - We reward our employees with a non-contractual bonus at Christmas, based on the profit of the company in any financial year. (first year is dependent on start date) Pension – We are all aware of how important it is to save for our retirement. We offer a Defined Contribution Pension Plan to new employees. If you pay into the plan and meet the government criteria, the company will too, and these contributions will be invested. Attendance: Our employees with 100% attendance in a financial year, are rewarded with Squire’s gift vouchers.
- Made A Difference Scheme (M.A.D) - A reward scheme for team members who make a difference to our business through; outstanding customer service, over and above normal duties or initiatives that have grown / inspired the business. There is a monthly winner and a ‘team member of the year’. All winners select a gift to receive.
- Learning & Development - You can look forward to a wealth of learning opportunities with us that will enhance and develop you with the skills and confidence you need.
- Free parking – available to all employees in the designated parking areas on our site.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate £24,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate £25,000.00
- Chertsey, Holloway Hill, Chertsey, Surrey, United Kingdom