Mid Weight Graphic Designer
Full-Time Mid Weight Graphic Designer
Working hours 8:30am-5:30pm
Based at our Group Office in Farnham, Surrey, GU9 9JX
Squire’s is an expanding family-owned group of 16 garden centres located in the West London/Surrey area.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced graphic designer to join our small in-house marketing team, with this very varied and hands on role, in a friendly environment.
Your primary responsibility will be to manage the creative, production and delivery of POS to the garden centres and Café Bars and as well as our digital channels.
There is a high level of artworking in this role but a chance to be creative too! Approximately 70% of this role is dedicated to print design and production of signage, POS, advertisements, leaflets and magazines for the group.
If you are an enthusiastic, well organised team player, who enjoys working at a fast pace and able to meet tight deadlines, then you will excel!
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage the production of material for the group from creative brief to final print and delivery
- Design and artwork a range of material within brand guidelines
- Manage the communication of in-store events
- Produce digital creative for our website and social media platforms
- Take Photography for PR, products for the website and events
- Liaise with Purchasing team regarding the monthly Promotions Calendar to produce POS
- Co-ordinate with the printers to obtain best price and ensure material is delivered on time
- Write engaging copy and provide competent level of editorial and proofing skills to ensure accuracy
- Manage the image library
- Assist with centre and group office marketing requests
Who we are looking for;
- Multi-site retail design experience is desirable
- Experienced in managing multiple projects.
- Proven experience in InDesign, Photoshop and illustrator essential
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Organised, self-disciplined with a positive, collaborative attitude
- Photography skills are desirable
- Ability to deliver high level of accuracy and attention to detail
Please state your salary expectations when applying for the role
Closing date: 15 August 2022
Please send covering letter and C.V. to Karen Smith, Group Marketing Manager - email@example.com
Rewards & Benefits:
We want our employees to be known for their friendliness, helpfulness, and good customer service, with their whole ethos being ‘nothing is too much trouble for our customers’. In turn we will provide an extensive benefit package, please see below.
- Employee Discount – 50% in Restaurants and 10% in Garden Centre on joining, increasing to 20% after 3 months service, 25% after 2 years’ service and 30% after 5 years’ service.
- Holiday (including bank holidays) – 5.6 weeks on joining increasing to 6.2 week after 2 years’ service and 6.6 weeks after 5 years’ service.
- Bonus - We reward our employees with a non-contractual bonus at Christmas, based on the profit of the company in any financial year. (first year is dependent on start date) Pension – We are all aware of how important it is to save for our retirement. We offer a Defined Contribution Pension Plan to new employees. If you pay into the plan and meet the government criteria, the company will too, and these contributions will be invested. Attendance: Our employees with 100% attendance in a financial year, are rewarded with Squire’s gift vouchers.
- Made A Difference Scheme (M.A.D) - A reward scheme for team members who make a difference to our business through; outstanding customer service, over and above normal duties or initiatives that have grown / inspired the business. There is a monthly winner and a ‘team member of the year’. All winners select a gift to receive.
- Learning & Development - You can look forward to a wealth of learning opportunities with us that will enhance and develop you with the skills and confidence you need.
- Free parking – available to all employees in the designated parking areas on our site.
- Pay Type Salary
- Badshot Lea, Badshot Lea Road, Farnham, Surrey, United Kingdom