Senior Software Engineer
Department: Product Development
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000
Location: London / Sheffield, UK
Full time, permanent
Tes is the world's largest professional network for teachers. We power schools and enable great teaching worldwide.
By creating trusted educational solutions, we make the greatest difference in education.
We are undergoing an exciting transformation within our Product Development department and are seeking knowledgeable and innovative Senior Software Engineers to join us on the next phase of our journey.
The successful candidate will join our ever-evolving agile team that includes Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Quality Assurance, and fellow Engineers.
They will be working with a team that actively encourages openness and respect of one another, as well as an enthusiasm for personal development and sharing knowledge.
Working alongside their team, they will use transparent processes to inspect, adapt, continuously learn, and improve.
- Work within a Scrum Team to deliver agreed functionality fit for release throughout each sprint cycle.
- Actively participate in scrum events and workshops, including sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Take ownership of deploying your code to all environments and release it to our customers.
- Provide support, mentorship, and guidance to other team members.
- Work alongside other Engineers and Heads of Product Development on Tes’ Architecture and Engineering culture.
- Bringing in innovative ideas on technology and process to improve the product and delivery.
- Happy to contribute and share knowledge amongst their own team and Tes Engineering via knowledge sharing meetings.
- Knowledge of writing backend services and applications in Node.JS.
- Working knowledge of one of the following database technologies MySQL, Postgres or MongoDB.
- Hands on experience calling APIs (particularly REST APIs).
- Good written and verbal skills, able to translate concepts into easily understood diagrams and visuals for both technical and non-technical people alike.
- A working knowledge of some or all the following frontend technologies: HTML, CSS, React and Webpack.
- Experience with the following backend technologies and frameworks: web and event based microservices, RabbitMQ, Redis, Express and Redux.
- Experience with containerized microservices using technologies like Docker for local development and Kubernetes for running live services.
- Experience of coaching / mentoring Junior Developers
What we Offer:
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30
- 5% pension after probation
- My Benefits World Access
- Health care (permanent contracts only)
- Access to an extensive Learning and Development menu
Tes Group are an equal opportunities employer
- Pay Type Salary
- London, UK
- Sheffield, UK