North American Commodity Manager - Indirect Materials and Services
Bakelite is a global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Bakelite serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.
Bakelite requires Indirect Materials and Services, to support its facilities to operate safe, cost effective (TCO) and according to its highest quality standards and to produce a variety of products.
An opportunity exists for a high achieving, self-motivated and results driven individual to join our company as part of the Global Procurement team. This exciting new strategic position will be responsible for leading and managing the provision of procurement of Indirect Materials and Services to support our business.
The key purpose of the Commodity Manager is to develop, negotiate and implement regional sourcing and purchasing strategies for assigned material categories across 11 locations in North America. This role will add value by identifying a number of different supply markets, leveraging spend and assess the optimal approach for the selection and development of suppliers.
This role will be responsible for the development and implementation of commodity strategies for allocated sites, ensuring alignment of all sites, creating a competitive sourcing environment delivering appropriate capacity, capabilities and performance which support our business objectives.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Develop, implement and execute procurement strategies for Indirect Materials and Services such as (but not limited to) MRO, Technical Services, IT Hard- and Software, Facility Goods and Services, Packaging and Capex.
- Explore and identify new opportunities in sourcing of the various Indirect commodities in the region.
- Work closely with the Procurement Team in Europe to develop and implement commodity strategies, manage supplier relationships and lead negotiations in alignment with global strategy and targets.
- Support on global commodities and initiatives for the region.
- Work with the regional team and in alignment with wider commodity teams to ensure successful execution of strategic KPI’s.
- Understand global market dynamics of assigned commodities/services and translate knowledge into effectively managing suppliers, mitigating risk and cost control
- Develop and implement productivity plans, minimize working capital requirements and reliability of supply plans.
- Collaborate with local leadership, Supply Chain, Commercial teams, EHS, Projects, Maintenance and Engineering teams and other stakeholders to ensure business effectiveness and results
- Support resolution of cost, quality and delivery issues within the sites & regional team as requested.
- Responsible for an estimated annual spend of around $50MM.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of five years’ relevant Strategic Sourcing Management experience including exposure to operations management, Projects & Engineering and Maintenance within the manufacturing sector and ideally within the chemical industry;
- Bachelor's Degree required; Business, Chemistry or Engineering related studies preferred;
- Comprehensive understanding of procurement/commodity management methodologies;
- Experience working in an organization committed to Health, Safety and Environment;
- Strong negotiation and communication skills;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to build key working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- SAP and INFOR M3 Materials Management experience preferred;
- Understanding of and experience with Capital Projects Life Cycle and Project Management methodologies;
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (Up to 25% travel);
- Ability to champion new change efforts and processes to drive continuous improvements;
- Qualification in Business or Chemistry related studies is ideal.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years or age, willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process, as well as additional periodic background checks as required by the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) or regulations adopted by the Department of Homeland Security or other regulatory agencies. Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. This company participates in E-Verify. For additional details, click HERE.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have satisfactory work performance. Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to an employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
- Job Family Procurement
- Min Hiring Rate $91,900.00
- Max Hiring Rate $153,100.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 25
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Sandy Springs, GA, USA